Elim Gospel Beach est.1945
Camp Elim has a 75 year history as a place for people to come and rest, and for children and young people to enjoy a week at camp. The land that Elim operates on was purchased in 1945 and originally called Elim Gospel Beach. Much of the land developed around the North end of the lake is still owned by Camp Elim today. From the beginning, Elim had close ties to the Swift Current Bible School, Saskatchewan Mennonite Youth Organization, and the Mennonite Churches in the Swift Current and Wymark area. Much of the building, rebuilding, repair, planting, and behind the scenes work was, and is still done by volunteers – people who are passionate about camp and wish to keep it as a place of retreat, community, and learning.
Camp Elim is run by a volunteer board of directors and is a camping ministry overseen by Mennonite Church Saskatchewan. We are a member of the Saskatchewan Camping Association and meet the industry standards for accreditation.